- Open Access
Integral inequalities under beta function and preinvex type functions
© Ahmad. 2016
- Received: 12 December 2015
- Accepted: 15 April 2016
- Published: 26 April 2016
In the present paper, the notion of P-preinvex function is introduced and new integral inequalities for this kind of function along with beta function are establised. The work extends the results appeared in the literature.
- Euler beta function
- Integral inequality
- Holder’s inequality
- P-preinvex function
Convexity plays an important role in economics, management science, engineering, finanace and optimization theory. Many interesting generalizations and extensions of classical convexity have been used in optimization and mathematical inequalities. Hanson (1981) introduced the concept of invexity. These functions were named invex by Craven (1981) and \(\eta\)-convex by Kaul and Kaur (1980). Weir and Mond (1988) introduced the concept of preinvex function. Later, Mohan and Neogy (1995) presented few properties of preinvex functions. Some refinements of the mathematical inequalities on convex and generalized convex functions have been investigated in Barani et al. (2012), Chalco-Cano et al. (2012), Dragomir (2001), Dragomir and Agarwal (1998), Fok and Vong (2015), Matloka (2014), Muddassar and Bhatti (2013) and Pachpatte (2004).
Let S be a nonempty subset of \(R^n\) and let \(\eta : S \times S \rightarrow R^n.\)
It is obvious that every convex set is invex with respect to \(\eta (u, v) = u - v,\) but there exist invex sets which are not convex (see Mohan and Neogy 1995).
Recently, Liu (2014) obtained several integral inequalities for the left hand side of (1) under the following P-convexity:
The main purpose of this paper is to introduce the class of P-preinvex function and derive new inequalities for the left hand side of (1) under these assumptions. The presented results generalize the results of Liu (2014) and references cited therein.
Note that every P-convex function (Liu 2014) is a P-preinvex function with respect to \(\eta (u,v) = u - v\) for any \(t \in [0, 1].\)
The following definition will be used in the sequel.
I state the following theorems as the proof follow on the same lines of the theorems of “New integral inequalities” section.
In this paper, I have introduced the P-preinvex function and used it along with beta function to establish the new integral type inequalities. I also stated the other integral type inequalities under prequasi-invex function. The presented results may be futher generalized under weaker convexity assumptions.
This research is supported by King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia under the Internal Project No. IN131038. The author is thankful to the anonymous referees for their valuable suggestions, which have substantially improved the presentation of the paper.
The author declares that he has no competing interests.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.
- Akdemir AO, Ozdemir ME (2010) Some Hadamard-type inequalities for coordinated P-convex functions and Godunova-Levin functions. AIP Conf Proc 139:7–15View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Barani A, Barani S (2012) Hermite–Hadamard type inequalities for functions when a power of the absolute value of the first derivative is P-convex. Bull Austral Math Soc 86:126–134View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Barani A, Ghazanfari AG, Dragomir SS (2012) Hermite–Hadamard inequality for functions whose derivatives absolute values are preinvex. J Inequal Appl 2012:47View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Craven BD (1981) Invex functions and constrained local minima. Bull Aust Math Soc 24:357–366View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Chalco-Cano Y, flores-Franulic A, Roman-Flores H (2012) Ostrowski type inequalities for interval-valued functions using generalized Hukuhara derivative. Comput Appl Math 31:457–472Google Scholar
- Dragomir SS (2001) Refinements of the Hermite–Hadamard integral inequality for log-convex function. Aust Math Soc Gaz 28:129–134Google Scholar
- Dragomir SS, Agarwal RP (1998) Two inequalities for differentiable mapping and applications to special mean of real numbers and to trapezoidal formula. Appl Math Lett 11:91–95View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Fok H, Vong S (2015) Generalizations of some Hermite–Hadamard-type inequalities. Indian J Pure Appl Math 46:359–370View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kaul RN, Kaur S (1980) Optimality criteria in nonlinear programming involving nonconvex functions. J Math Anal Appl 105:104–112View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Hanson MA (1981) On sufficiency of the Kuhn-Tucker conditions. J Math Anal Appl 80:545–550View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Liu W (2013) New integral inequalities via \((\alpha, m)\)-convexity and quasi-convexity. Hacet J Math 42:289–297Google Scholar
- Liu W (2014) Some Simpson type inequalities for h-convex and \((\alpha, m)\)-convex functions. J Comput Anal Appl 16:1005–1012Google Scholar
- Liu W (2014) New integral inequalities involving beta function via P-convexity. Miskolc Math Notes 15:585–591Google Scholar
- Matloka M (2014) Inequalities for h-preinvexs. Appl Math Comput 234:52–57View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mohan SR, Neogy SK (1995) On invex sets and preinvex functions. J Math Anal Appl 189:901–908View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Muddassar M, Bhatti MI (2013) Some generalizations of Hadamard’s-type inequalities through differentiability for s-convex functions. Indian J Pure Appl Math 44:131–151View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Pachpatte BG (2004) A note on integral inequalities involving two log-convex functions. Math Inequal Appl 7:511–515Google Scholar
- Pinni R (1991) Invexity and generalized convexity. Optimization 22:513–525View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Stancu DD, Coman G, Blaga P (2002) Analiza Numerica si teroia approximarii, vol II. Presa Universitara Clujeana, Cluj-NapocaGoogle Scholar
- Tunc M (2013) On some integral inequalities via h-convexity. Moskolc Math Notes 14:1041–1057Google Scholar
- Varosanec S (2007) On h-convexity. J Math Anal Appl 326:303–311View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Weir A, Mond B (1988) Preinvex functions in multiple objective optimization. J Math Anal Appl 136:29–38View ArticleGoogle Scholar