- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction Note: Improved treatment of Asthma by using natural sources of antioxidants
© Van Toan and Thi Hanh; licensee Springer. 2014
- Received: 8 September 2014
- Accepted: 8 September 2014
- Published: 25 September 2014
The original article was published in SpringerPlus 2013 2:278
The original version of this paper (Van Toan and Thi Hanh 2013) is retracted because of ethical concerns: the clinical trial was not approved by an ethical board and the authors did not provide evidence that patient consent was obtained. The scientific advisor for this clinical trial (ANZCTR 2012) at the University of the West of England UK (an affiliation of the corresponding author) indicated he was not aware of this study and that the university was not involved.
It is a requirement that experimental research reported in SpringerPlus was performed with the approval of an appropriate ethics committee, and that research carried out on humans must be in compliance with the guidelines of the World Medical Association.
Dr. Max Haring, Executive Editor for SpringerPlus
- Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry: Trial ACTRN12 612000766819: Improved treatment of Asthma by using natural sources of antioxidants. 2012. https://www.anzctr.org.au/Trial/Registration/TrialReview.aspx?ACTRN=12612000766819Google Scholar
- Van Toan N, Thi Hanh T: Improved treatment of Asthma by using natural sources of antioxidants. SpringerPlus 2013, 2(1):278. 10.1186/2193-1801-2-278View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly credited.